Print Alcalá en primavera. The Banco Español de Crédito building (The Equitativa Palace) it is a building located at the confluence of Calle Alcalá and Calle Sevilla. It was built between 1882 and 1891 by the architect José Grasés. It was the headquarters of the North American insurance company The Equitativa. Later it was the Japanese Embassy, Casino de Madrid and the Círculo de Bellas Artes.
In 1920, the building was acquired by the Banco Español de Crédito and the renovations were carried out by Joaquín Saldaña.
After it having been unoccupied for several years, the building was sold to build luxury hotel, for which the facades have been propped up.
In 2012, La Equitativa Palace was declared a property of cultural interest.